Joanne Fedler's CoursesThe writer's journey
No matter where you are in your writing journey, let me support you with one of my courses.
What makes me different from other writing mentors
- I’ve written and published ten books in five different genres (literary fiction, commercial fiction, memoir, narrative non-fiction and self-help);
- my books have sold over 650 000 copies worldwide;
- I’ve been teaching, writing and mentoring writers for ten years;
- most writing mentors focus on craft. I focus on consciousness – who you are as a writer and what message you have to share. I know that consciousness fuels craft – only when we know why we want to write and what we want to write, do we need to learn how to do it perfectly for our genre and market;
- I help writers connect with the soul of their book- we find the heartbeat together;
- my years as a counsellor for abused women equipped me to listen deeply to what people say and to feel for the story hiding in their words;
- my legal training gave me solid training in logic and structure (essential in writing);
- as a women’s rights advocate and CEO of a not-for-profit legal advocacy centre, I learned to be a practical strategist: how do we get our message into the market and call people to action (i.e buy books)?;
- In 2014 I did a year long business programme for entrepreneurs to master the fundamentals of branding, marketing, pitching, profile and platform (which are essential for commercial success);
- In 1994 Hustler magazine made me Asshole of the Month because of my advocacy work against violent pornography – I’m tough and robust and I’ll teach you to be resilient (you need it if you want to be an author).
Your Pathway to Publication
Are you new to writing? Don’t know where to begin or what to write about? Or maybe you want to reignite an old flame with words to see if there’s any chemistry.
Join me for my next 7 DAY FREE ONLINE WRITING CHALLENGE and learn 7 simple but profound writing tricks that will lead you step by step towards a final writing exercise where you can put it all together and decide whether you’re in love or you’re ready to pass.
You want to write your story, but where do you start? How do you go about it? How do you make it interesting so others will want to read it?
I’ll teach you exactly how to go about it in 7 TRICKS TO WRITING YOUR STORY. I share 7 easy techniques to help you unpack the length and breadth of your life experience in this self-study online course. You can work through it at your own pace supported by 8 video trainings, a comprehensive workbook and infographics.
You’ve got a book in you, but don’t know how to get it out. You need expert guidance and mentoring on the craft. You need to find your unique writing voice. But more than that, you need to believe you’ve got it in you to become an author.
Become a member of a TRIBE of Awakening Authors in THE AUTHOR AWAKENING ADVENTURE. In this unique 8 week transformational writing course only offered twice a year, you will be trained not only in the craft of writing but in developing the consciousness you need to own the identity of an author. You’ll be mentored to develop 6 strengths that set you apart from every other wannabe author in a like-minded supportive community.
You’ve got a whole lot of story in you, but it’s a tangled mess. You need a hand-hold, a game plan and a cheer squad to get to your first draft.
Once you’ve completed The Author Awakening Adventure, you’ll be invited to join our 12 month WRITE YOUR FIRST DRAFT MASTERCLASS where you’ll receive group mentoring and monthly challenges to get your first draft done: 60 000 + words that take your reader on a journey.
What do you do after your first draft is written?
You have to rewrite to get your book ready to submit to agents and publishers and prepare your platform. Alumnae of the Masterclass will be invited to take part in the AUTHOR LIFTOFF LIVE EVENT where I’ll teach you the secrets of rewriting and the business of being an author (how to pitch your book, write a blurb, synopsis, and create a platform). You’ll also get to meet key people in the publishing industry.
Why not join me for an experience that will transform all you believe about what you are capable of achieving with your writing?
Each year, I take a small group of aspiring women authors on a WRITING RETREAT – sometimes to Fiji, Bali or Tuscany. For 5-8 days (depending on the retreat) you will have the time, focus and support you need to work on your writing, whether it is still just an idea, a work-in-progress or a draft. My job will be to create and hold a safe space for you while you do.
Need ongoing inspiration for days when you don’t know where to start or what to write about?
Grab my exquisitely designed WRITING PROMPTS and for 52 days you will never be lost or left wondering ‘what should I write about today?’ These powerful prompts will jiggle your heart and make you want to put words on the page.
What issues do you need to think about as an emerging author?
Get hold of my 24 Questions to Guide Your Writing workbook here to help you clarify the 24 essential questions you need to be able to answer to write your book.
Need a hand-hold through the writing process?
Joanne has designed this 42-page workbook that walks you through every element of your story so that by the end of it, you’ll have all the building blocks to get right into it.